Thursday 10 March 2016

Distribution and Exhibition

In terms of distribution I decided my film, if it was in the public eye, would have to have many different production companies and studios to fund it as well as possibly an Arts Council, or the National Lottery which also provides funding.

In terms of exhibition, it would either be on Vimeo/YouTube as a short film to reach a wider audience. It would more likely be Vimeo as it provides a lot of resources for fairly unknown film-makers/creators. Or I would showcase it at a Picturehouse Cinema e.g. Cinema City, which screens lots of independent films alongside mainstream films. A screening at a film festival to obtain more attention and knowledge of the film would also be interesting, as many films receive more acknowledgement, and a creator's film can be submitted online, obviously alongside following certain rules and regulations. Top gatherings such as Sundance Film Festival and Venice Film Festival 

My target audience is, to be honest, anybody, but, in terms of generic groups: regular 'movie-goers,' and film buffs; an audience that is willing to watch something fairly niche. In terms of gender, I don't have target audience, and in some of my feedback, somebody commented that there didn't seem to be a pander to a certain gender, which I was happy about. 

Age wise, I would rate the film a 15 or possibly 18, as there would be violence and strong language, however I'm not sure if the violence would be on or off camera, possibly a bit of both. If my OTS had an age certification, it would probably be 12/15. 

Below is a link to the BBFC website on age ratings for film - 15 and 18.

BBFC 15 certification

BBFC 18 certification

Sundance Film Festival Rules and Regulations

No comments:

Post a Comment