Sunday 6 March 2016

Audience Feedback

After uploading my film, I created a questionnaire on 'SurveyMonkey,' allowing my peers to watch my OTS and give feedback. Below are screenshots of the questions in the survey.

I wanted to keep the questions fairly straight-forward, informal and have a humorous tone as I enjoy writing like that, but also that the audience understood that I knew things I could improve on next time and was willing to take on criticism, as well as being a pressure-free questionnaire to fill out.









A summary of the feedback I received for each question was:

Question 1: 8/10 was the average score for how much viewers enjoyed the OTS

Questions 2: The answer was yes, and the blood on the protagonist's hands intrigued viewers, as well as the 'ominous music'.

Question 3:  The most enjoyable part of my OTS according to the survey was 'music' and 'narrative/plot,' as well as 'other' which was specified as 'camera angles.'

Question 4: Below is a list of what a few people said about the OTS, in terms of what was good, bad and could use improvement.

Good: camera angles, music, intriguing plot and acting. 

Bad: Lighting, possibly anti-climactic and one person thought the colour of the credits didn't fit the feel and atmosphere of the OTS.

Improve: Lighting, clearer sense of direction in terms of plot, colour of credits.

Below is some feedback I was given during the editing process, there are some images of feedback by one person, as well as some I will write about what my teachers thought about my OTS.






In terms of the props in the bathroom, I decided not to change this as I wanted there to be clutter in shot, and I felt the brands did not make too much of a difference, and did not pull focus too much.

In terms of the first image, in the dislikes section, I was quite pleased with the fact that the credits and lighting made the film look 80s/90s, as I wanted the OTS to look and feel like this, and one of my inspirations in terms of genre was Pulp, which I have written a blog post on.

Some feedback that I was given by teachers was that it was very dark, visually. Unbelievably, the shots in the bedroom were even darker than they are currently, however I didn't have time to re-film, and also, I quite like it being very dark and ominous. 

I also received some feedback stating that the very last shot was interesting and a cliffhanger of sorts.





No comments:

Post a Comment