Monday 4 January 2016

Neo-Noir OTS: Filming

Location


In terms of location, I wanted to film in my house, and keep a lot of objects and which were already in my house within shot, as I wanted the house the character was in to seem realistic, but also that the protagonist seems very calm, juxtaposing with a lot of the clutter surrounding her. 


We filmed over the Christmas holidays, and only really one full day to film, with the house empty and   noise free.



Filming


On the day of filming, a lot of things were changed. Firstly, the idea I originally had planned for the titles were scrapped. My original idea was to have the credits projected somehow onto different surfaces, so they would appear in the form of shadows. However, we ended up sticking the credits to different surfaces, which, looked very far from how I wanted it to look, so I also scrapped that.


In terms of shots, I kept a lot of the ones I had originally planned and that were originally in the story board but am now editing, and am likely to either get rid of some clips altogether, purely because they do not work in sequence, and some I will use but change how I edit them into the film. For example, originally there was going to be a long-take of the protagonist making a cup of tea, but now I have added music and fitted other parts of the OTS in, I'm probably going to cut it down to a few seconds, if that.

UPDATE (25th January 2016): I have now decided to create titles on Final Cut Pro, which I will talk more about about in a separate blog post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment